About Sterling Design Group
Sterling Design Group, LLC is a full service Interior Design firm with a studio located in Warrenton, Virginia.
Our Design Process begins with a thorough inventory of client likes, dislikes, lifestyle, interests and hobbies. Every attempt is made to interpret the client’s wishes and style into the design. Children and pets are given detailed consideration. Whether new construction, renovation or decoration, each project receives a fresh design solution. Architectural design, lighting, cabinetry, colors, fabrics and textures are all combined to form a rich tapestry of visual interest. Equally important, comfort, proper traffic flow, durability and maintenance of finishes and furnishings are well thought out. Most clients feel that they saved time, money by not investing in costly mistakes, and enjoyed the collaborative design process.
Suzy Watkins knows great style. As the principal of Sterling Design Group and as a Professional member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), Suzy brings a comprehensive knowledge of interior design and the decorative arts with 30 years experience. Her interiors share a sense of timeless quality with just the right amount of flair, while emphasizing the personality and style of her clients.
Suzy provides a truly personalized customer service experience that makes the design process fun and rewarding. She feels it is an honor and a privilege to be invited into her clients’ intimate spaces where they live, work and play. She works hard to tailor these unique spaces to each client’s lifestyle, typically saving them time, money and costly mistakes. Whether finding indestructible fabrics and suitable furnishing for residential clients with children and pets or focusing on codes and safety issues in commercial projects, Suzy combines a fresh, stylish aesthetic with meaning and function.
Knowledge and experience count. In addition to meticulous attention to design details and her commitment to customer service, Mrs. Watkins is known for her diplomacy and professionalism when working with vendors and sub-contractors. She brings experience, expertise and project management skills to each job.
- University of Delaware, Bachelor of Sciences, Interior Design, Summa cum laude
- Studied at the Henry Francis DuPont Winterthur Museum
- Parsons School of Design, New York
- Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
- Twelve years of experience in commercial and hospitality design at Reynolds, Smith and Hills Architects and Catlin Design, Juliana Catlin, FASID Principal, www.catlindesign.com in Jacksonville, Florida and Ferry, Hayes and Allen, Walter R. Allen, ASID President, fhadesigners.com in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Commercial projects include the Lake Manassas Sales Office in Gainesville, Virginia, the clubhouse for Stonewall Golf Club in Gainesville, Virginia, key team member in the process for the Law Office Building of the Calloway Companies in Atlanta, Georgia, Two golf cottages at Robert Trent Jones Club, Keel Point Investment Advisors in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia.
- Residential projects include homes in McLean, Rixeyville, Vienna, Great Falls, Fairfax, Gainesville, Haymarket and Fauquier County, Virginia.